Thursday, February 02, 2012

Romney's latest gaffe

Not a Romney fan. In fact I'm rooting for whichever Republican candidate is most likely to fail.

But I don't like the way his latest gaffe (and it was a gaffe) is being taken out of context.

In fact, I was heartened by the other side of what he was saying. Remember, he said "I'm not concerned about the very rich. They're doing just fine." Now that part of his quote is remarkable for two reasons. First of all, he broke the Fox News rule of calling the rich "job creators". That's huge. Republicans almost never call the rich and wealthy, rich and wealthy. I thought it was a nice piece of plain-talk on Romney's part.

And second of all, contrary to many Repubs who cry "class warfare" when a middle class American so much as scratches an itch, he publicly acknowledged that some classes are faring better than others.

Now if only Romney wasn't lying about not caring about the rich.

No comments: